Virtual summit to examine virtual child welfare hearings
During NCSC's "What do we currently know about virtual child welfare hearings?" webinar, attendees will learn about findings from two national studies of virtual child welfare hearings, state level virtual hearing studies and how states are applying their lessons to improving virtual hearings.
- 2:00 PM EST—Welcome by David Slayton, vice president of National Center for for State Courts' (NCSC) Court Consulting Services
- 2:10—"Child welfare in a virtual world: Findings from a national and multisite study" by Alicia Summers and Sophia Gatowski, PhD, director, Systems Change Solution
- 3:00—"What we're learning about virtual child welfare hearings" by Teri Deal, principal court management consultant
- 3:30—"Don’t stop thinking about tomorrow! Ohio’s response to the pandemic and using the lessons learned" by David Edelblute, manager of the Children and Families Section at the Supreme Court of Ohio, and Kyana Pierson, policy counsel for the Children and Families Section at the Supreme Court of Ohio
- 4:30—Breakout rooms for questions, networking and discussion